Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow public to modify one field

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Michael_Schoeff
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Requested feature
Iโ€™d like public users to view two pictures (single record) and vote which they prefer. Right now, I can only expose a blank form.

Effect on current pricing model
Seems to violate a boundary for the business model (only named users can access updatable data). Maybe the boundary can be maintained by only allowing a single field to be edited?

5 Comments
Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Is there a way to achieve updating Airtable records via APIs with, say Typeform? Hopefully anonymous contributions could work with the business model if the source were labeled, eg my_voting_typeform_api

Would like to hear the outcome of this as there is a clear need for this functionality.

Michael_Schoeff

Need to explore your idea. Seems like I might be able to load the pictures to typeform and then push results back into airtable via zapier.

Annoying, but worth exploring. Thank you.

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Itโ€™s easy enough to use Airtable Integrations - Zapbook - Zapier to do static once-off voting and update.

The catch with handing off to a third party tool like Typeform, is to have it dynamically populate voting options from current data values in your database.

Let me know what you end up doing @Michael_Schoeffler :slightly_smiling_face:

Michael_Schoeff

I expect to dig into this in a week or two. Will post if I get anywhere.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve built some tools that let you share parts of your Airtable data with the public while allowing them to only be able to edit a specific field (I donโ€™t think Airtable would be ideal for a voting system by the way).