Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Block(s) specific to the table/view you are on

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Phil_White
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Probably missed this in the list so apols in advance if this is a duplicate.

Feature Request

• Be able to assign specific blocks to specific tabs/sheets so that the context is correct
4 Comments
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

I donโ€™t think you missed anything - I think this is a pretty unique #feature-requests, and one that I like.

@Katherine_Duh,
I would make use of this feature (Table specific Block Dashboards) extensively if it were implemented. The blocks you have made are so great for analyzing and aggregating data, viewing records from other tables alongside a related table, or performing tasks related to a particular table.

Currently, we can scroll down to find the block(s) we want to view alongside a particular table, but it would be really great if I could either 1) define a particular ordering of blocks on a per table bases, that would reload upon changing tables, or else 2) define a particular set of blocks to show on a per table basis, that would load upon changing tables. (and in each case, they would only change for collaborators when the collaborators change tables).

Right now itโ€™s evident that the blocks are URL independent, so it seems conceivable that this could be achieved by tying sets of blocks in a block view to a table URL, orโ€ฆ ORโ€ฆ ooh, ooh :open_mouth: EVEN BETTER, tying them to a VIEW URL!
That way different users could define their own sets of blocks to see related to their own views that they build in a table.

Jamie_Zeidler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature would be great. We have definitely found that not being able to associate blocks with particular view doesnโ€™t allow us to utilize blocks to their potential. As we have multiple teams looking to use the same base and setup views particular to their area, only having one single area for blocks isnโ€™t ideal.

To extend this feature, instead of just associating blocks to views, it would be great to be able to create โ€œBlock Dashboardsโ€, and then you could associate a Block Dashboard to a Table View. Block Dashboards could then also be sharable/embedded on their own (in addition to the individual share/embed of a block currently in Beta)

Robert_Kolodzie

That would be great. Iโ€™ve just realised that it doesnโ€™t remember the blocks per table. In my database I have different block for invoices page (invoice preview) and profit table (monthly profit chart). It would be great if I can link specific blocks/dashboards to tables.

Emily_Kennard

I would love this!!! Any updates on this?