Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Bulk change field types?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Filipiak
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When I import data for event registration, several of our data columns contain single select responses. Right now, I have to change each column’s field type from text to single select individually. When there are 30+ datasets to be changed, that takes a while! It would be lovely if I could select all of the columns that need to be changed, and set all their field types at once (in this case to single select).

18 Comments
Victoria_Hay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Sarah, thanks for the feedback! This is something we are definitely considering, thanks for letting us know it would be of use to you :blush:

Ink-Michael
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this as much-needed!

I have a checklist I’ll need to use repeatedly, so I thought, “why not Airtable”? I pasted it into numbers, cleaned up the formatting, and made all of the columns but the primary field checkboxes. I exported to .csv, imported that into Airtable and… all field types were single line text.

Without a batch tool, I now have 100+ fields to either manually update… though I’ll likely have to abandon Airtable for this task instead, and so a batch tool would be terribly useful—my number #2 addition, behind linking bases of course.

Troy_Bravenboer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still Very Valid request.

David_Gordon1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed this would be awesome. Making a form for Election Results right now coming in live on Election Night. Would be great if I could bulk change the field type for each candidate into numbers. Thanks.

andywingrave
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This would be amazing! I’ve just inherited around 400 rows of numbers, and I need to change them all to numbers individually!

/womp

Dmitriy_Soloduk

Needed it too. Still doesn’t work?

Celi_Tamayo-Lee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

:raised_hand: Hold up! Its been two years and this feature still isn’t here. :clap: Let’s​:clap:go​:clap:AirTable​:clap:

Steve_Penson

Agree. This would be very useful functionality.

Bramble_App
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please implement this feature

Adam_Rondeau

Yes, please. While connected third party integrations like a JotForm form that has over 180 inputs, it’s very time consuming to have to go through and adjust each field type individually.