Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Bulk Delete Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Grant_Dailey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to request the ability to bulk delete views. For my business, I create 30+ views to manage smaller segments of data. I do this for the purpose of creating embed codes to display on my website. This data changes seasonally, so each change in season I have to delete older views. This can be cumbersome, as I have to navigate to each individual view and delete them one at a time.

Perhaps there could be a checkbox function in the view list that allows me to select multiple views and then delete them from the view dropdown, rather than just in the individual view options?

21 Comments
Eric_Morey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has there been any word from Airtable on plans to implement this?

Michael_Vyverma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, also make bulk changes in views (add or hide fields) or lock all views in 1 click of a mouse

Eli_Green
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Also very interested in this โ€“ I HATE a cluttered list, and because the full name is cut off in the list view, itโ€™s really obnoxious to manageโ€ฆ so they just keep building up in there and making things super messy. (Do appreciate the recent advanced organization pieces though!)

Grant_Dailey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

There have been a few changes to the view list recently, namely the ability to hide personal views, folders for sorting and grouping views, and the ability for base admins to reassign views to personal or not. But no improvements to delete in bulk.

dk82734
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Alternative Idea: What if you could specify an optional โ€œexpiration dateโ€ on a newly created view? After that time, the view gets โ€œput in the trashโ€ (no longer visible), but then you could recover it for up to X days after (e.g., 30 days) before getting permanently deleted?

On a per-table basis, you could specify a default policy that all shared views (not personal views) expire after 30 days of โ€œinactivityโ€ โ€“ meaning, if no-one uses the view after 30 days, it will get auto-deleted.

Cameron_Ownbey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 I have to delete over 50 views every time I clone a table. Tks.

Jay_Lopez

This is a very much needed function

Noel_Bolger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is a very much needed function

Ryan_Odom
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also like a "bulk delete" function to views. 

Helpdesk_softwa

Hi. I would also like a bulk delete option for views - it is an essential function that would save a lot of time when dealing with large tables. Thanks in advance.

Shaun