Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Calendar view enhancement requests (reminders, delete prompts, persistent view)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Dean_Toland
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would love to see some kind of reminder or alert system for items that are setup to display on Calendar views. One of my bases has a table that is used to keep track of follow-up calls to potential customers. If theyโ€™re called once and we schedule a follow-up, I have a column with a date/time format and a calendar based on that field. Without alerts, users are advised to check their calendar each morning and afternoon for upcoming scheduled follow-ups, but it would be great when adding a date/time to a column that is tied to a calendar if there could also be an option for reminders or alerts. Maybe something like Outlook reminders, 15 minutes before the time and the option to snooze for 5 minutes or dismiss completely.

Additionally, Iโ€™ve noticed that the view of records in the Calendar doesnโ€™t persist when you leave and come back in. For instance, this table has over 1200 records but only some are going to have follow-up times on them. I change the view in the top right corner from โ€œall recordsโ€ to โ€œrecords with datesโ€ but it doesnโ€™t stay that way if I leave and return. Due to the nature of the table and its size, displaying all records will never be useful so Iโ€™d like to avoid having to change it each time.

And finally, something I just noticed and am very concerned about, is the โ€œdeleteโ€ option when viewing an item from the Calendar. I just tested it and it doesnโ€™t just delete/clear the info in the relevant date/time field, it deletes the entire record. Thereโ€™s no prompt to confirm anything, so a simple misclick could completely remove a record from the table and this is a bit scary. I would think it would be far more often needed to simply clear the date field than to delete an entire record, especially from the Calendar view, but maybe it could be solved by asking which theyโ€™d like when clicking delete? I think any kind of data removal could benefit from a bit of an extra step to be sure that removal is intended.

Thanks!

91 Comments
Ronald_Jan_Veen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 no-ti-ca-tion functionality for calendar, both in formula as well as in calendar view! Please!

Binyamin_Green
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes please! Zapier provides workarounds, but itโ€™s far from perfect.

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Not even a reminder, just a simple notification tool that can notify anyone based on any circumstanceโ€ฆ basically a fancy IF() function.

Michael_McElduf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh @Airtable_Support First off, I think your product is fantastic. Iโ€™m in charge of coordinating projects for my engineering team, and your product is fantastic for such coordination, EXCEPT for the lack of a native notifcation feature. Airtable needs a native notification feature with the date field. It would be a great benefit to my teamโ€™s work flow and productivity if there was a convenient and efficient way for us to be reminded of upcoming due dates, check-in dates, milestone dates, deadlines, etc. Optimally, the notfication feature would simply be a part of the drop-down options menu for the date field, and would allow for multiple notifications to be sent to at various times, via various services, i.e. SMS, email, Slack, etc. I think, and so do many others based on just this thread, that adding a native notification feature would be a great addition to your already wonderful product. If you are developing this feature at the moment, please let us know.

Jennifer_Paquet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can you please elaborate on how to do this?

Maria_Sidiropou
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love the Collaborator to be able to get a notification on the given deadline straight to their inbox. It would make all the difference

DS_1234
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This has been requested for more than three years now. How is this not being prioritized in the roadmap? Multiple users and prospective users are saying this is a non-starter for their use-case. The people have spokenโ€ฆ The zapier solutions and other workarounds just donโ€™t cut it.

Orin_Hutchings
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Mikaela_Smith
You mentioned that with Zapier youโ€™re not able to have this sync trigger on updated records.
As a suggestion to solve this, you can use zzBots to create a 2 way sync between Airtable and Google Calendar. This sync will trigger on new or updated Airtable records, as well on new or updated Google Calendar events.

You can create this sync at zzbots.com
Below is a step by step walkthrough video of how to create this sync in zzBots:

I want to be as helpful as I can. Let me know if there is anything I can do to answer any questions about this, or help set it up.

Kristyn_Cole
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to notifications! Would be helpful! Any progress on this front?

Orin_Hutchings
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I previously commented with a video showing how to set up a 2-Way Sync between Airtable and Google Calendar.

This full 2-Way Sync can now be installed in the bot store in zzBots.

You can install it here: https://www.zzbots.com/store/etsxGGrfvx5BtXmnt

Disclaimer: I am affiliated with zzBots.