Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Colored or Highlighted Fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Marino
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey folks, thanks for a great product.

Simple request: Can you please incorporate the ability to create colored and/or highlighted fields? I’d like to call out certain rows within sheets. With the inferior, last generation sheets programs (shameless sucking up) I’d always used colors for this purpose. I realize I could use a column for this, but its a waste of a column in my mind, especially if you are trying to avoid scrolling left to right.

Thanks for consideration.

89 Comments
Julien_Minier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Voting for conditional coloring on cells (columns) :slightly_smiling_face:

Victor_Gabella
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for coloring, don’t have the use for coloring rows, but fields/columns yes

Andrey_Nikitenk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for conditional field coloring (for example, it would be great if I could color computed field with green if computed value is true and with red, if computed value is false, or if I could color numeric field with a color depending ob its value like it is done in a heatmap)

Luigi_Sciambar1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed…that’s exactly what I need.
+1 for conditional field coloring

Bram_Meulen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Would be awesome to do this

Jody_Bennett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please add this functionality! We live and think in color.

Mike_Thorington

I could use this, please add ability to shade entire fields.

Kathryn_Henders
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree - really disappointed I can’t auto-gray columns based on the functionality of the column. Ideally a user sees that they can’t add data to a Formula column, but can update the $, #, A, etc. fields. I am training people, but data entry isn’t an equal sport - every little thing helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Emery_Sheldon

Hi,

So glad I found this.

I have started with Airtable just recently trying to get it set up for multiple teams that feed into one overview. Everything looks so similar, and colored fields would be a game changer, if that's not possible, even like a "break" field or function would help, where we could include like a thick dark line between field sections. 

Expanding from that maybe we could have the option to select and group the similar colored fields / fields between break lines. Allowing us to add a single field group to a new view, an interface, move them around together on a table or share easily. 

+1 to this request. 

Thank You.