Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Colored or Highlighted Fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Marino
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey folks, thanks for a great product.

Simple request: Can you please incorporate the ability to create colored and/or highlighted fields? I’d like to call out certain rows within sheets. With the inferior, last generation sheets programs (shameless sucking up) I’d always used colors for this purpose. I realize I could use a column for this, but its a waste of a column in my mind, especially if you are trying to avoid scrolling left to right.

Thanks for consideration.

89 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You’ve got Views for that, even Groups could work. Easier than manually coloring records.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Manually coloring records (I actually mean cells…) would be a lot of work indeed. Personally I use conditionally formatting all the time, and I wish Airtable would have a solution to achieve that.

Javier_Zayas-Ba
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable is great, but not being able to conditionally color code a field is a drag.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

And such a great irony: Airtable does it all the time:

• When you use Sort, the field is Red
  • When you use Filter, the field is Green
  • When you Group, the field is Orange
  • When you select a record, the field is Grey

So, AT, please take action!

N_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Really don’t think being able to put a colour on a field or ideally BOLD the text in a field warrants a jump up to pro plan. It seems like basic spread sheet function that ppl are used to from excel… I’d love use airtable instead of excel but finding it very frustrating as a very visual person to not easily be able to bold or colour text to make it stand out or indicate something.

KeithGibson

Another vote for colored fields!

Alex_Grant

Yea, we still need the ability to just color a column

Bharat_Batra

another vote for colored fields! really useful to distinguish different fields quickly. For one example, imagine having follower stats from platforms like YouTube, Twitch, FaceBook etc. Using a red background for youtube, purple for twitch and blue for facebook, you can very quickly read the table.

google_sheets

does it have this ??

Bry_TheKickstar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh - I know you are working hard and that these aren’t your decisions directly…

but… Four. Years. Later…

And still no conditional coloring of cells or columns? The record coloring is helpful, but not what I think most people were asking for. I’ll use it for sure, but definitely need conditional coloring column by column (and ability to add colors to a field). Bonus: adding comments on a cell would be great, but colors are vital.