Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Colored or Highlighted Fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tom_Marino
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey folks, thanks for a great product.

Simple request: Can you please incorporate the ability to create colored and/or highlighted fields? Iโ€™d like to call out certain rows within sheets. With the inferior, last generation sheets programs (shameless sucking up) Iโ€™d always used colors for this purpose. I realize I could use a column for this, but its a waste of a column in my mind, especially if you are trying to avoid scrolling left to right.

Thanks for consideration.

89 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Youโ€™ve got Views for that, even Groups could work. Easier than manually coloring records.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Manually coloring records (I actually mean cellsโ€ฆ) would be a lot of work indeed. Personally I use conditionally formatting all the time, and I wish Airtable would have a solution to achieve that.

Javier_Zayas-Ba
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable is great, but not being able to conditionally color code a field is a drag.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

And such a great irony: Airtable does it all the time:

• When you use Sort, the field is Red
  • When you use Filter, the field is Green
  • When you Group, the field is Orange
  • When you select a record, the field is Grey

So, AT, please take action!

N_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Really donโ€™t think being able to put a colour on a field or ideally BOLD the text in a field warrants a jump up to pro plan. It seems like basic spread sheet function that ppl are used to from excelโ€ฆ Iโ€™d love use airtable instead of excel but finding it very frustrating as a very visual person to not easily be able to bold or colour text to make it stand out or indicate something.

KeithGibson

Another vote for colored fields!

Alex_Grant

Yea, we still need the ability to just color a column

Bharat_Batra

another vote for colored fields! really useful to distinguish different fields quickly. For one example, imagine having follower stats from platforms like YouTube, Twitch, FaceBook etc. Using a red background for youtube, purple for twitch and blue for facebook, you can very quickly read the table.

google_sheets

does it have this ??

Bry_TheKickstar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh - I know you are working hard and that these arenโ€™t your decisions directlyโ€ฆ

butโ€ฆ Four. Years. Laterโ€ฆ

And still no conditional coloring of cells or columns? The record coloring is helpful, but not what I think most people were asking for. Iโ€™ll use it for sure, but definitely need conditional coloring column by column (and ability to add colors to a field). Bonus: adding comments on a cell would be great, but colors are vital.