Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Colored or Highlighted Fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Marino
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey folks, thanks for a great product.

Simple request: Can you please incorporate the ability to create colored and/or highlighted fields? I’d like to call out certain rows within sheets. With the inferior, last generation sheets programs (shameless sucking up) I’d always used colors for this purpose. I realize I could use a column for this, but its a waste of a column in my mind, especially if you are trying to avoid scrolling left to right.

Thanks for consideration.

89 Comments
Bry_TheKickstar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The conditional coloring on records is good. But, so many of us need conditional coloring column by column.

Josh_V-R
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Being able to color cells seems like a fundamental feature of a spreadsheet app. Hope this is implemented soon

Traci_Franssen

I would really like to be able to select a background color for a column or individual cell.

Bought the pro plan thinking i would be able to…the little tab of color on the side of the row is cute and all, but how color for about columns and specific cells please?!

amymo

I don’t believe the coloring feature you created addresses this initial request. I too would like to highlight two fields in my table. Those fields contain number records. I want to highlight the entire column(field) because those fields require certain instructions that do not pertain to all of the other fields and simply putting this rationale in the field description is not enough.

Yeon_Kim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As a beginner user (day 8 here), one of the first things I tried was to give a column a different background color so that it stands out. I can’t believe this feature is still not implemented!!! Airtable - your record coloring is neat but that is not quite what we request here. Please consider our request - coloring background of columns and cells. Thank you.

Ravi_T
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please make it possible to color certain fields with rules

Record coloring on the left side is also very cool and innovative, but we additionally NEED the ability to color single fields with conditions too.

Cakelin_Marquar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Being able to color the header or the background of a specific column would be SO HELPFUL. The record filtering colors doesn’t help with my organizations use case at all.

sma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Guess colors of rows and and columns are off the table, since this thread started in 2015, and still not possible. So simple at thing to give to us to make the tables so much appealing and easy to read. And bold letters?, the most basic spreadsheet features. Shame, the app have potential, but this is actually a deal breaker for my needs.

Tim_Heymans
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable, we’re waiting… and waiting… and waiting…

Ezzat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How come Airtable would not the feature of coloring the headers of the table until now :frowning: