Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Conditional Grouping?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Gheorghiu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be nice to apply groupings based on whether a certain condition is met. My main use case here is keeping track of music releases where some entries have only one main recording artist/band, while others have multiple (splits). While I’m referencing each artist’s side of a split as a separate entity, I’d like to still be able to keep each release grouped together if possible. Something as mocked up in the image below where entries are first grouped by their release type (LP, Split), and then if it’s classified as a “Split” release, apply a grouping by the release name:

ConditionalGroup.png

While there are a number of ways I can think of to get around the appearance side of this issue, most don’t cleanly (if at all) address any needs I may have to compare artist C’s data vs artist D’s data on their B split release, all the while looking at all other releases I’m keeping track of as well. Currently I just stick with the simple format grouping as shown below, which works okay, and I get by with that as needed.
CurrentGroup.png

12 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You can add a Score to the Songs, or even the Song Contributions, and then Sort by that field. But you can only do that in the Songs or Contributions tables, not in Releases table.

Of course, when grouped by Releases, the visual effect is the same. I’ve updated the base:

23e2db7521da7c5739fca9d6f188233a8f1ebf83.png

Also, I feel we are not talking anymore about the LP/Split thing :thinking:

Paul_Gheorghiu

Hmm, I’ll look into it, and I’ll need to play around more with it! Thanks!

Also, I feel we are not talking anymore about the LP/Split thing :thinking:

Yeah, this conversation devolved into approaches for handling music data storage. The original Feature Request was for a vanity feature :laughing: