Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Copy and past column layout per view (column order)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chais_Meyer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We’re currently using airtable as a pretty advanced project management system, so we commonly have about 40-60 columns per table, and we’ll also have 20+ views per table as well.

With this many columns/views, and many of them being the same (as far as ‘column order’ goes), we’d love to be able to copy the column order (and other view attributes) and paste it into another view.

If this copy/paste function could be similar to the Adobe products where you can copy/paste ‘layer styles’, that would be great! So, if the ‘hidden fields’, ‘filters’, ‘grouped by’ and ‘column order’ could be copied and pasted (applied) to another view, that would be ideal. It would be even better if I could select which items I’d like to be copied, and which ones to start fresh on.

Thoughts on this?

1 Comment
Cindee_Nielsen
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, please! I have two tables for a group of youth, one for male and one for female, accessible by their corresponding leaders. The columns in the tables are the same, other than their names. I can duplicate the table to create the columns I want, but then I have to retype all the names. The ability to copy and paste columns would be a huge help. Or if there was the ability to merge two tables, specifying the columns you wanted to keep from each, would work for me as well.