Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Duplicate multiple rows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaley_White
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Duplicate multiple rows at a time. Just like the right-click option for a single row:

Kaley_White_0-1686072071249.png

How does is solve the user problems?

Compared to duplicating each row individually, selecting multiple rows and then duplicating them all at once saves time.

How was this validated?

There is currently no option to duplicate multiple rows at once.

Who is the target audience?

Anyone who edits Airtable tables.

3 Comments
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

+1

As a workaround, select multiple rows and copy them with your keyboard (ctrl/cmd + c), then add a new empty record and paste (ctrl/cmd + v) into the first cell of this record. When the popup appears asking to expand the group, click "Continue".

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Regarding the Duplicate Record feature, we're also needing an update to Automation Trigger so that we can either target or ignore Grid View records specifically created via the Duplicate Record action. Were the feature to be enhanced to support multi-selection record Duplication, then we'll really, really need to see a more definitive Duplicate Record handle within Automation triggers.

Limi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Stephen_Orr1 - I tried your workaround and selected 10 out of 100 records, and copied them (ctrl+c) but that copied all 100 even though i only selected 10. Is there a way around this? I dont want to duplicate the entire table...