Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Dynamic URL for embed block

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Foxwort
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Loving the embed block!

But I would love it more if I could customise the URL to be loaded based on a field in my table…

My usecase - I’m building custom URLs from data collected in forms. The URLs include complex payload data. Want to be able to load those custom URLs dynamically into the embed block so my users can see the record and the embedded web page simultaneously.

Seems that embed only supports static URLs for now? Any plans to allow dynamic population of the embed URL from a field in a base?

3 Comments
Scotty_Allen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yep, I want this too. My use case is a table of video files and associated metadata, and I want to load the preview of the video file (from google drive) into the embed block for the currently highlighted row.

Lars_Schulz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We need this too… +1

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

@Rose_K / @Jordan_Scott1 - with the recent Airtable App limitations coming into play, small changes such as allowing the Embed App to have a dynamic Airtable Record Look-Up will make a huge difference.

Please, please, please, could we see this feature introduced into this App - and for it then to be included into an interface would be magical!!!

Fingers crossed, I’m really hoping Airtable Devs can help out with this one.