Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Filter by Group value

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_The_NoCod
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would LOVE to be able to create a grouped view and then filter the groups based on the summary values that Airtable generates.

In this example, I’m searching for appointment scheduling conflicts. I group my appointment records by date and by scheduling slot (morning/afternoon). Then, I scroll through a long list of records looking for any groups with 2 or more records. Would be super handy to just add a filter to only show me groups where count is >1.

3 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, it would be really nice if Airtable opened up access to those summary fields for us. For usage in formulas, filters, grouping, everything. It’s actually a gigantic limitation of the platform that we DON’T have access to those summary fields.

S_G
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be extremely useful. Someone else has asked for similar functionality in this thread , so please consider adding this. Thanks!

Fred_Gig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please let us filter by summary value.

A use case would be to have a view show groups containing X or more rows.

As example, in my Airtable project, I log player “infractions”, an infraction being an instance where a videogame server thinks a player is hacking, and proceeds to kick them out of the game before sending the infraction report to airtable. We group those reports by player, so that each group contains all infractions associated to a player. Because there can be hundreds of false-positives where a videogame server thinks players might be hacking, our Airtable view will show hundreds of groups (again, one group for each player) containing only 1 infraction (row). We want to ignore those so that we may focus our attention to player infractions with a count/amount of 3 and above, meaning that they are more likely to be actually hacking. This is not possible without doing some wonky implementation with secondary tables and/or scripting.

Thanks for considering this use-case. I can name some more use-cases if needed.