Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Folders in Workspaces

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
MichaelSargent
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have multiple bases in a workspace and some of them are related, even having synced tables, and other have nothing to do with the others around them. Folders would help organize my workspace.

27 Comments
airtableguy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As mentioned -- not sure if it's useful to note it here -- but we absolutely need this feature. 

I was honestly really confused by the standard AirTable format as I had created multiple workspaces assuming they were folders, and was then confused when I saw that these new folders were under the free plan even though we had signed up for the team plan. Took me a minute to realize I needed to move everything into the team plan workspace and was then further confused by the inability to organize all the bases. 

It's honestly surprising that AirTable did not include folders as a feature when it launched.

It's one of the most basic and pervasive ways of organizing information on a computer or software application.

There's a reason why Windows, Apple, Google etc. all choose to provide users with a folder system for their products. 

apesydaisy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm beginning to wonder if Airtable is listening to us on this. This has been a BIG request for a long time. Like @airtableguy said, this is a basic function of 99% of any organizational software available and this is definitely an organizational software. This is a must and is making me consider moving my stuff somewhere else and no longer paying Airtable as I grow in my business.

Koen360
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any updates on this? Much wanted, much requested, quick fix. C'mon Airtbale

nelsonestrada
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Quick little bump to this thread. Would heavily appreciate this feature!

pvheck
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We need more kudos for this!

akolaydich
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This was a huge point of confusion initially as well when I just started. I thought workspaces were like folders, until I realized I would be paying hundreds and thousands of dollars just to organize my bases properly. All we need is an option to group bases in folders to be better organized. It would be nice to have an "Archive Base" Feature as well. 

manuellevi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We need this.