Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Format Formula as Checkbox

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielAssayag
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a condition that Inputs Boolean and outputs Boolean, and i wish to make it appear (format it) as a checkbox and not as a string “true” or “false”

IF(Field1 = TRUE(), TRUE(), FALSE())

Thanks

14 Comments
Marcel_Bradea
5 - Automation Enthusiast

With the addition of the Interfaces product this is even more paramount than before.

These are no longer just “visual preferences”, they affect all the Airtable UI that depends on things being semantically a boolean (true/false) value.

This includes the use of Filters on interfaces, header groupings, API consumption and I’m sure other aspects that are not top of mind.

This is a very basic functionality that affects a lot of downstream consequences.
Please prioritize getting this in place!

Gazmeist

Adding my voice to this one as well. Key issue on top of visuals in the base itself, is API calls for that field aren't returning true boolean like a checkbox does, but returns 1/0. Output needs to be the same as the checkbox output.

'Warning: The following Airtable records will be ignored because they have filed validation: Unexpected value [1] for [fields.1.Stop Work (Recon)]; expected value of type [[boolean]].'

NickEthos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be a very useful option please! I won't explain my reasons - they are all described by other users above

Lu
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Almost 5 years to the day, and we still don't have such a simple and obvious improvement. We sometimes use emojis as a workaround but they are horrible as it it means both positive and negative glyphs are "truthy" values to IF(), their literal values are a pain to filter, etc.