Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Full Text Search

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barry_Margolius
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great to have a full-text search capability, but limited to a particular field. For example, find all occurrences of “Edward” in a particular multi-line text field.

5 Comments
ripwit
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would searching on a view that only included the field of interest work?

I’m not sure what you really mean by full-text search and how you would like to invoke it.

Now, what I would really like is a lucene-style search syntax that might allow “field_name:value” where value could involve patterns, stemming, etc.

Since I’m in an “ask santa” mode, full lucene-style searches on attachments, also.

Barry_Margolius

I guess creating a special purpose, one column, view would work, but I was hoping for something more general than that.

I agree with your suggestion for a “field_name: value” search syntax. That would be great. I have no particular need to search attachments, but I certainly wouldn’t want to stand in the way of you searching them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Jebli_Mohamed
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

For anyone else looking at how to limited search to a particular field ?

I’ve implemented a web application search by fetching a specific Airtable Table and then indexing the result by a particular field (i can more fields if needed).

It works pretty well for a order client here on fiverr : https://www.fiverr.com/newpixjob/set-up-a-airtable-workspace-and-build-a-custom-app-and-forms

Check out the demo here :

Loom | Send a video. Not a thousand words.

Get your message across with instantly shareable videos for work. Capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate it all at once, then instantly share with a simple link.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

One of the options is to extract the text from PDF attachments and add it to Airtable as text. When you do this, you will be able to search through your attachments.

Wahid_Shafique
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any update on this?