Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Grouped items suggestion

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Morris2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I didn’t know how to say this concisely in the subject line. It’s nice that groups have the options for sum, average, etc of that group. However, I’d like to be able to change the calculation of the entire view separately from the groups. Let me give an example as I know that wasn’t clear.

I keep track of time spent and the associated hourly rate. I have 3 views that group my times by each day, each week, and each month. This way I can see at a glance if I’ve met my daily, weekly, and monthly goals. For example, in the monthly view, each week is grouped and I can see the total (sum) of my hours per group. At the bottom of the page, it also sums the total of all the groups combined. Makes sense. However, If I want to see the average time spent per month, when I change the bottom calculation to average, the individual groups change to average as well. So now the groups show my average number of hours per day and of course the bottom calculation averages my daily averages. I’d like to be able to keep my groups set to sum and only the overall calculation changed to average. This way my groups add up total number of hours, then I can see an average of these totals.

Sorry for such a long post, I just couldn’t think of a better way to explain that.

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, I agree that it would be very nice for the “grouped summaries” to be different than the “overall summaries” at the bottom.

Michael_Morris2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you Scott, that was the concise way of wording it that I was looking for!