Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hide field type icons

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom_Hounsell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m lovin’ Airtable, but, in grid view, I’m not thrilled with those little icons that appear beside very field name to indicate what type of field it is. Most are text fields, so it looks as if I have fields named “A First Name” and “A City”. I’d like a configuration switch to switch them off.

19 Comments
BenInDallas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Agreed. The icons are poorly designed and applied, detracting from the user interface, rather than enhancing it.

Lenny_Terenzi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, please! I would love to turn these off on a per field basis.

Thom_Hounsell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes! I agree that they are detracting from the UI readability. I don’t care
about turning them off selectively, I’d like them all to disappear!

Erik_Johnson1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I concur, this would be a very useful feature and add value to the tool.

Lenny_Terenzi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just want to keep this active. Please let us toggle off the icons in the field type headers.

Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

i was about to make a new topic, but i see it has already pointed out.
Since airtable is about data, and how to read them properly, in the current layout, is Distracting
one solution would be

1. to swap it, (First Description and afterwards the icon)
  2. to have the ability to hide it
  3. or appear what kind of field it is, when you mouse over it.order.png
David_Shaw
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is definitely a hot spot item. I only need to know what type of field it is - when I design it! After that - moot point and distraction.
It would also be nice to have a smaller column title font! If the title is COST OF GOODS - and my data is $13.50 - you get wasted space and huge columns. That means that if you have a large grid for no good reason.
I hate to compare to other products - but Alpha lets you do this customization with ease.

David_Shaw
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

OMG - I JUST saw that no one has addressed this topic for 2 YEARS! So is it resolved and this question removed from the forum ???

paul_overett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any resolution? I noticed that there are no field type icons in the templates that are ‘advertised’.

Thom_Hounsell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

No resolution. When you actually apply a template, the icons return. No way to remove. I hate that my field, “boat name” appears as “A boat name”.