Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hide 'Uncategorised' column in Kanban view if no uncategorised records

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Steven_Hambleto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It takes up room and looks bad!

78 Comments
Luke_Broadhurst
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wowโ€ฆ since March 2017 and this still hasnโ€™t been sorted? Where is the dev team?

David_Fulton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Out to a very long lunch @Luke_Broadhurstโ€ฆ

Katerie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can understand why they donโ€™t want to make an option for โ€œUncategorizedโ€ to become invisible. What if you wanted to move something to it? You might get confused if it wasnโ€™t visible.

But in a shared view, I canโ€™t understand why it would not be hidden by default if empty, or at least have a toggle to allow that to happen. It serves no purpose in a shared view other than to confuse users who access that view.

Alexey_Zaytsev
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable, whyy? You literally run into this issue the moment you create your first Kanban view. How is that good for anyone? Please allow hiding, either manually, by a filter.

Agree that hiding empty by default is not great, since you would not be able to move things into an empty slot.

Tomas_Vila_Luz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, agreed. The uncategorized column looks terrible

Tomas_Vila_Luz

HI Katherine,
Yes, I can collapse but still when I share with external stakeholders it appears uncollapsed and is a terrible user experience. You should just remove or hide the uncategorized when there is no records there

skyler_reeves
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just realized this is still unavailable 4.5 years later.

Leo_Flint

+1 for removing the uncategorised column! it goes against the functional purpose of a kanban board!

@Katherine_Duh is there any update on this? its been very consistently requested for many years!

Robert_Richard1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my voice for change here. Uncategorized should be something we can hide, and it also shouldnโ€™t show if there are no records in the stack. heck, probably it shouldnโ€™t even existโ€”

Andrew_Davies19

Wow. No Airtable response to this thread for over a year. I would love to see this too. Assumed it was a setting I was missing