Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

HIPAA compliance

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Outdoor_School
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be incredibly useful to me if Airtable was to become HIPPA compliant and be willing to sign Business Associate Agreements. http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/business-associates/

108 Comments
Nicole_Matusow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here for HIPAA compliance!

Andrew_Jennings
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If Airtable were HIPAA compliant, I would be able to launch a new EHR Platform Iโ€™ve been working on almost immediately, as I have a prototype already working that just isnโ€™t HIPAA compliant. Hoping to see HIPAA compliance soon!

Nathan_West
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was so excited to stumble upon Airtable. Itโ€™s everything we needโ€ฆ except HIPAA compliant, which unfortunately is a deal breaker :disappointed:

This is clearly a much needed feature, and for every vote here how many hundreds of other individuals would be looking for the same thing? Please consider adding this. Airtable would make our teamโ€™s lives so much easier if only you all offered this one option!

Lance_Devore

We built exactly what we needed for our company using Airtable, only to find out itโ€™s not HIPAA compliant, so we canโ€™t use it. Any update on this??

Sal_Ohcin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Adding my vote for HIPAA compliance. It is the #1 thing holding back my company from converting all processes to Airtable.
Not sure if this is on their radar at all, as I have not heard anything.
I hope it is though.

Luis_Rodriguez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 as so many others. I couldnโ€™t read through the whole thread, but can someone note any financial issues on Airtables part?

As one post mentioned we have a behavioral health office and while all PHI/PHR are on established systems, we have countless supervisors working with State, reports upon reports, and tracking services, outreach etc.

I use Airtable for other non health info and know I can come up with a solution for these supervisors in a flash with Airtable. I found myself working on some excel sheets building certain solutions for these people knowing they are going to screw up the excel sheet to begin with lolโ€ฆ

Anyway, @Katherine_Duh you spoke up first and then vanished from Earth or Just Airtableโ€ฆ Can someone else shed some light on road map, anythingโ€ฆ

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi folks!

We wanted to give an update on this product suggestion given its longstanding history and depth of constructive comments. Itโ€™s been helpful for our team to see interest for compliance in this area, and we absolutely understand that it is a blocker for companies who need to store protected health information.

While we do want to build out compliance in this area in the future, I wanted to share that this is unlikely something weโ€™ll be able to prioritize this year. This means that weโ€™re still unable to sign HIPAA business associate agreements. For our customers in the medical industry who do use Airtable to manage business, research, and other processes, weโ€™d like to continue to encourage you to refrain from storing PHI/PII in Airtable.

Thank you all again for contributing to this product suggestion, and letting our team know that you care about - and need - this level of compliance.

Iโ€™ll close this topic for now, and we will be sure to update the community, and all of our customers, with any new developments in this area in the future.

โ€“ The Airtable Team

kofeflp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am an educator and psychotherapist in private practice. I need to create hippa and ferpa forms to send to have clients and students. I am paying for airtable and Google workspace because google is hippa compliant. Airtable is better. Please airtable help us.