Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

HIPAA compliance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outdoor_School
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be incredibly useful to me if Airtable was to become HIPPA compliant and be willing to sign Business Associate Agreements. http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/business-associates/

108 Comments
Lakshmi_Swamy_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m a solo practice surgeon, and if only Airtable were HIPAA compliant with a BAA, I’d be tracking my surgical outcomes on here instead of Google sheets. I’ll be waiting for this capability before purchasing!

Sean_Wharton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am a physician and run 4 clinics and we really want to use Airtable, but cannot due to HIPAA.

Ryan_Lee2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am a healthcare provider who stands by Airtable’s mission in providing software solutions that enhance individual’s workflows rather than dictate it. The use cases in healthcare are boundless. If there is ever to be a beta program for healthcare professionals, please contact me!

Tristan_Keelan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is pretty big. HIPAA would let us use Airtable to fill the gaps in our Electronic Health Records.

Benjamin_Maisan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would love to see Airtable have HIPAA compliance and willing to enter into BAAs. Our goal at Mount Sinai is use it for care navigators to track workflows for patients around engagements, clinical encounters, referrals, followups, etc. Above and beyond google sheets we are looking for more structured api integrations, structured inputs, and analytics.

Austin_Matthews
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here as well.

I manage a large Ryan White (HIV Service) program in a federally qualified health center. I see perfectly that I could create a complete case management dashboard that did EVERYTHING a non-custom tool could do and enable MORE FLEXIBILITY.

We can’t use our EMR for case management purposes. Its just not built correctly… Need some sort of solution thats made for social services as opposed to medical.

Vincent_Nguyen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can see so many applications if Airtables were Hipaa compliant:
Care Teams in sync about the care/status of patients (every clinic has unique metrics that they need to know for patients).

Caregivers keeping up to date on patients (Patients filling out fast/quick forms for data entry --> physicians able to actually get high quality data on patients).

Why does this not exist? Because EHRs are not focused on making a fast/customizable and secure database (but you already knew that :slightly_smiling_face: )

Eric_Zingeler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There’s money to be made here.

Brendan_McClena
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please make Airtable HIPAA compliant! We would like to use it to keep track of patient records for a mental health care private practice but we need to make sure our client’s info is kept safe.

Green_Leaf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My favorite tool for the security risk analysis is Medcurity. It makes the whole process much more intuitive. I love my spreadsheets, but glad to leave them behind for HIPAA tracking.