Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Improve Link Preview when sharing links externally

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jorin_Slaybaugh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

29%20AM

When sharing in external places like iMessage or Slack that support a rich preview, it would be much more helpful if links to specific records or specific bases/views actually said in the preview what the name of the card or base/view was rather than every link always just saying โ€œAirtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything. Sign up for free.โ€

That way someone can see what weโ€™re talking about before having to click the link. Alternately more readable urlโ€™s would be nice.

12 Comments
Drew_Beck
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes yes yes. Weโ€™re moving to airtable for issue tracking and sharing links in Slack is a pretty bad experience.

Adam_Kangas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please! Especially when sharing forms. Our organisation uses a LOT of different forms, and with Google Forms we get a nice clean preview that helps people tell them apart. With Airtable every single one looks exactly the same when sharing via Slack or Facebook, and people are getting confused.

Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, please! This could be a so much better experience, especially for sharing records. Iโ€™d like to see a preview of an attachment when sharing a record, ideally also have a direct link to the attachment. Or when I share a research insight, Iโ€™d like to see the name of the record and ideally some tags.

Dan_River_Nonpr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is absolutely needed. I understand AirTable wants to make sure their brand is represented but they have some heavy hitters using their services recently, more and more. Not sure they will continue to do so if their posts all look the same (both internally and with others on social media using AirTable). For examples, I know some FEMA affiliates using it to track mask/sanitizer distributions and I saw that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is using AirTable in their hiring process for the team - and every time they link about the applications or something on Facebook the AirTable branding is glaring and it makes their posts look generic. I understand if the free version of AirTable defaults to this, but PAID customers should really be able to customize this. @Airtable_IT @Airtable_agency

Indresh_Kumar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This one small change will encourage a lot of users to switch from Google Forms to Airtable

Donald_Newlands
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The Airtable URL preview in Slack is distracting and useless (just the logo and a byline for Airtable). It would be so much more helpful if it actually previewed the view that is being shared or did not display at all.
+1

Theo_Michel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is a major pain point for my organization. Not only is the preview useless, but airtable has done something so that blocking all airtable.com previews in slack doesnโ€™t work! (works fine for other sites in slack)

Alberto_Romero
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1!
This would make Airtable interactions on Slack much more usable.

Sara_Perle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, specifically for the Slack integration.

Jeannie_Ruesch_
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another +1 on this - also specifically for Slack. This preview is actually distracting, so I have to remove it from every Slack message itโ€™s on โ€“ it serves no purpose when sharing views or form links and actually hinders communication with the generic way it shows.

I would love to see the preview be the actual base page and title.