Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

iOS - Allow users to change width of visible column

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerry_Kriger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,
My iPhone doesn’t allow me to change the width of the first column, making it very hard to read what is written there…

36 Comments
Bruce_Horwitz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are using airtable app with drivers to deliver products to our customers. They need to be able to read the items which are cut off. Please fix this.

Luc_Poitras

Been experimenting the last hour with trying to solve issue with main field width. And the closest I came is this: On IPhone I’ve hidden (almost) all fields in « Hidden fields ». Hope this helps!
Luc

Kerry_Kriger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Even better would be if Airtable engineers fixed this :slightly_smiling_face: Users have been asking for this for years.

Luc_Poitras1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Totally agree this is totally ridiculous

Chuck_S

Airtable Engineer will not fix this anytime soon.

The company is focusing on Enterprise sales and iOS apps is at the bottom of the list.

Kerry_Kriger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Enterprise clients likely use iOS app too…

Chuck_S

Maybe so, but seeing that this thread has been opened since 2017 and no fix, it is very likely Airtable will not do anything.

Enterprise customers that uses Airtable use laptops more often than iPad / iPhone as their primary work device.

David_La_Puma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still? STILL?? Come on folks- changing column width on an iPad should have been fixed years ago…please bump this up.

Kerry_Kriger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Nobody has changed the width of an iOS Airtable column in years. They create lots of new apps and interfaces but the basic functionality is still missing.

John_Warrin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bummer. I just bought an iPad Pro to use Airtable in the field and am now just realizing it’s useless without being able to resize columns. Checked Numbers app and you can resize columns so it’s not an iOS issue, it’s Airtable not making this a priority.