Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban Cards Need To Be More Compact

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Kang1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am trying to convert from Asana to Airtable using Kanban cards. But the Kanban cards, even with the recent improvements hiding fields if they are empty, are still too chunky. Using a non Kanban view on Asana. I can see 15 tasks without having to scroll down, and their Kanban view will show around 5 tasks. But with Airtable, the cards are so huge, I can only see 2 or 3 cards before I have to scroll down.

If there was an option on each card to show a compact view or a standard view, it would greatly improve the usability of Kanban cards with airtable.

The compact view only needs to show the title, and if you want to see more of the card you can toggle the standard view.

This would greatly increase the usability and help me move everything off of Asana.

78 Comments
KBD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Nathan -
It seems that Stylish extension collects user browsing history (https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/)? Granted I read one article that seems to suggest that and it’s from 2018. Also saw some other articles saying it’s banned. (https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/stylish-extension-with-2m-downloads-banished-...)

Any thoughts if this is still the case?

Cheers,

KBD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I just had a conversation with my VP of Engineering and this is a show stopper for him. So - please add my +1 to allow much more compact views of the Kanban cards. Not just font size but perhaps showing up to 3 fields on a single line?

Just_Imagine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my +1 here. This seems like a very low effort high impact feature. Add me to github and I’ll finish it by tomorrow

Steve_Cooke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Adding my +100000 for the ability to hide field labels in Kanban view: creates a far better aesthetic for clients, makes the cards easier to use and allows one to fit in more content. I switched from Knack - good decision except for this one glaring omission. Really essential. And +1 for wrapping, although I work round this by creating calculated truncated fields with ellipses - if people want the whole text, they can click through to the record.

Jon_Eckhardt
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Reducing font size in Kanban view, and Kanban view in IOs would both be very very helpful. thanks.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The solution here could be reducing font size, or for Airtable to wrap lengthy text onto multiple lines. As it stands now, Airtable cuts off lengthy text throughout the entire product line (kanban views, calendar views, charts, linked record fields, gallery views, and so much more).

Ben_Gammon1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m the biggest proponent of Airtable you will meet. I’ve overhauled two orgs to run our prod and eng teams using it as our foundation but the inability to make kanban usable is shocking. We are trying to use Airtable in lieu of Jira but since you can’t decipher cards in kanban, it’s made this very difficult.

Nathan’s tweak worked for me but it’s not working anymore! Help! Starting look at Coda and Notion to pivot if this continues to fester.

Ben_Gammon1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is anyone else having issues with this as of late? It worked beautifully before but it doesn’t work on my end lately.

Fernando_Martin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Kanban view needs an urgent enhancement on this. Even zooming out doesn’t solve anything, because everything zooms out. The columns and cards get thinner as the font gets smaller.

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The original UserScript doesn’t seem to work any more, however I have been able to replicate the behavior along with some other changes to the cards’ styling. For more see the respective topic: (UserStyle) neat kanban