Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban Cards Need To Be More Compact

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Kang1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am trying to convert from Asana to Airtable using Kanban cards. But the Kanban cards, even with the recent improvements hiding fields if they are empty, are still too chunky. Using a non Kanban view on Asana. I can see 15 tasks without having to scroll down, and their Kanban view will show around 5 tasks. But with Airtable, the cards are so huge, I can only see 2 or 3 cards before I have to scroll down.

If there was an option on each card to show a compact view or a standard view, it would greatly improve the usability of Kanban cards with airtable.

The compact view only needs to show the title, and if you want to see more of the card you can toggle the standard view.

This would greatly increase the usability and help me move everything off of Asana.

78 Comments
Karl_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Pleeeeease fix this. This is a no-brainer! You need to be able to see more than like 10 letters of the card title, especially since it’s very common (and useful!) to use formulas as Titles, so you can get details in gantt and calendar views.

Ali_Mahmoud
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - This single feature is a deal-breaker for me. I can use a combination of Trello/Sheets so solve 90% of my needs but AirTable could replace them both if it had a functional Card/Kanban view.

The fixed vertical width makes absolutely no sense. AirTable PMs please go use Trello for 5min. Thanks.

Dario_da_Silva
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way of aggregating this into some sort of petition?

Or at least getting some idea if this is on the feature backlog :frowning:

Darin_Bellisari
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes this makes the kanban view unusable. I love AT but use Notion.SO for my Boards

Molly_Mangan

Hello Airtable… Anybody there? Any answer, schedule, decision? What’s the point of this list if there is no feedback on WHEN or IF this will ever be addressed?
‘’

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

@Jordan_Scott1 - this is one of those threads that’s a classic example of Airtable letting down the community. Unless I’ve missed it, there’s nothing but broken Kanban dreams in this thread. :disappointed:

Fernando_Martin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1
Please, Airtable Team. The kanban cards are way too thin.

Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Thank you all for your continued feedback and patience on this, I really appreciate it and definitely see how this would be impactful. I’ve made sure to flag this with our product partners and I will keep this group posted as I hear of any updates or changes.

Furst_Name

Nothing against you or any other of the Airtable folks who have liaised in this forum, but my patience was exhausted some time ago on this and several other topics that have been buried by the passage of time.

Dan_Kang1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Already switched to Notion + Smartsheets