Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Know who's digging around in your data?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephanie_Perri
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is it possible to be able to see who else on my team is accessing my shared bases? I’m new so it’s possible I’m missing something, but I would like to be able to see who is there in real time to avoid stepping on collaborators’ toes (or cells) if we happen to be working on the same tables at the same time. Really missing this handy feature of Google docs/sheets.

And while I’m asking…a very simple chat feature between members of each base would be incredibly useful as well. We’re a global team and don’t have a central location, so as we onboard more of the team, I am spending a lot of time explaining how to change views, etc.

I can set up a video call and screen share and point them to the tables they are looking for, and we can chat in slack or text or email back and forth…but it would be so much faster if I could send them a quick message or two without leaving Airtable.

1 Comment
HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

if you are both in a record you will see a the collaborator’s name appear in the field they are editing and even see them typing. If revision history is on you will see the changes made in the right of the record detail view.

You have record level chat, just not base or team level. I’ve toyed with a chat table and a base instruction table with links to views. You might have an onboard table by collaborator and duplicate the record with instructions and then mention the newbie. Bear in mind if duplicating a base, links to views will link to the original base not the new one so you will have to re-create. Only a problem if duplicating.