Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Last modified time [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

UPDATE 2: last modified time is now available to everyone! You can learn more about it here.

UPDATE: The last modified time beta is now closed as we get ready for a general release. Thanks to all of the testers who made this beta a success.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi folks! Weโ€™re very excited to announce that weโ€™re beta testing a last modified time field type, as well as a LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function. Many thanks to the users whoโ€™ve posted specific, detailed feedback about their needs and use cases with regard to this feature, like @Arlo_Haskell, @Deborah_Buck, and @Jordan_Friedman. We read everything that is posted here in the forums and your feedback is incredibly valuable for us when weโ€™re planning the product roadmap and developing new features!

If youโ€™re a Pro plan user and youโ€™re interested in testing out the last modified time field type and/or the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula functionโ€”and giving us your feedbackโ€”please sign up using this form. (Note: this is a different form from our standard beta signup form, and it requires you to fill out a couple of additional questions.)

As you are all aware, this is a highly anticipated feature, and there are many users who would like to get beta access. However, for technical reasons and to ensure an optimal user experience, rollout for this beta will be conducted in small, limited batches. (In practical terms, that means that it might take a while for you to get access.)

219 Comments
Motor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this as well. Also, Iโ€™d like to know WHO modified. Not sure if this is possible. An audit log would be amazing somehow.

John_Hanacek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One more plus one to needing this feature! Iโ€™ll jump ship to a CRM if this feature is not available. Please give us word on release for this feature, I need it today!
Creating a separate record for every interaction is possible, but clunky for my needs. A date modified, or ability to set Date/time on checkbox and have it stay the same until update of checkbox is what I need :slightly_smiling_face:

Jeannie_Ruesch
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for the 'last modified" cell feature. Especially since Zapier does not create zaps based on Airtable updated records - this field is a MUST for us to make this work across our teams.

Alain_Chautard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here, very much needed for automation purposes. That would be a great addition.

jasona
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I came here watching tutorials, excited about airtables potential for my company. I even hired a consultant in anticipation of the transition. When I finally started mapping things out, I realized how little tracking was actually possible without the last modified date. I thought Iโ€™d try to potentially make a workaround, but after seeing Airtable support say its coming multiple times, without giving any update to previous questions, it makes me really question the level of support they are giving the product. I donโ€™t want to initiate a huge company switch to a new product where they arenโ€™t even properly communicating or responding on apparently critical issues for its users. I can understand dev cycles and bigger priorities, but you should atleast be updating like we are real people instead of posting the same message for years.

Carl_Harris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just a brief note. I too would like LAST_MODIFIED_TIME as a feature. For example I wanna do a chart from CREATED_TIME to LAST_MODIFIED_TIME to show some records as bars, using your Chart Block. That would be useful. But seems not possible. Itโ€™s an easy thing to add surely?

Shahriar_Tajbak
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are there any updates on when last modified time will be available?

Dharamveer_Sing

Absolutely Correct

I bought the Pro account for the whole team, and working midnight here setting up internal process tools using Airtable. Major disappointment without the last modified field

Thanks

Nicholas_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for modified timestamp. Reading through this thread - looks like itโ€™s been in discussion for years. Would be really helpful.

Tyler_Kurlas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

my +1 too. And maybe Iโ€™m not getting something, but seems like a company that specializes in linking data should be able to look up a recordโ€™s activity feed and return the most recent time stamp. Overall great product though, and hopefully we see some of the recent $52M fundraising used to roll out a few more feature requests!