Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Last modified time [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

UPDATE 2: last modified time is now available to everyone! You can learn more about it here.

UPDATE: The last modified time beta is now closed as we get ready for a general release. Thanks to all of the testers who made this beta a success.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi folks! Weโ€™re very excited to announce that weโ€™re beta testing a last modified time field type, as well as a LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula function. Many thanks to the users whoโ€™ve posted specific, detailed feedback about their needs and use cases with regard to this feature, like @Arlo_Haskell, @Deborah_Buck, and @Jordan_Friedman. We read everything that is posted here in the forums and your feedback is incredibly valuable for us when weโ€™re planning the product roadmap and developing new features!

If youโ€™re a Pro plan user and youโ€™re interested in testing out the last modified time field type and/or the LAST_MODIFIED_TIME formula functionโ€”and giving us your feedbackโ€”please sign up using this form. (Note: this is a different form from our standard beta signup form, and it requires you to fill out a couple of additional questions.)

As you are all aware, this is a highly anticipated feature, and there are many users who would like to get beta access. However, for technical reasons and to ensure an optimal user experience, rollout for this beta will be conducted in small, limited batches. (In practical terms, that means that it might take a while for you to get access.)

219 Comments
brent_flanders
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Iโ€™m trying to build a full fledged CRM with Airtable.

One of the critical features I need is to be able to update a {Case Closed} field with a Date/Time/Stamp when the value in the {Case Status} field is changed to โ€œClosedโ€.

Then the need to be able to calculate in hours/days the time from Case opening to Case closure.

Is this doable in the current version?

Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Could you have a Case Closed Date column and enter it manually?

brent_flanders

for sure, Iโ€™d just like to make it occur programmatically if I were to roll this out to a services team

Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If you are using the api then you can still do it programmatically, but I definitely see why you would want a modified date if you are having your team work directly with the tables.

brent_flanders

I want the agents using a custom form to work a Case, when the field โ€œStatusโ€ is changed to Closed or Hold, then I want the Case Closed or Case On Hold field updated automatically

enlighten me on how to do this with their API

thanks

Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™m not an expert either. So here is my attempt at an explanation.

Iโ€™ve created html forms that submit to php pages on my server and those pages do curl requests. You could make one of those curl requests POST a new case and the date would be automatic. Then when the case is updated you do a curl request PATCH and change the status column and the โ€œmodified dateโ€ column youโ€™ve created. Do the same again when they use the html form to close the case.

Inside your base, in the HELP menu, you will find a link to API Docs.

brent_flanders

agreed those methods will work, I was attempting to โ€œcontainโ€ all forms, functions, triggers, events, etc. within the database, like FileMaker Pro vs. just using their tables to simply store the data posted from other technologies stitched together - which I think is their desired endgame to be โ€œFMPro likeโ€ (but I could be wrong)

and thanks!

Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

No, I agree that their should be an auto-updating โ€œmodified dateโ€ column. Iโ€™m just letting you know how to workaround this missing feature.

Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1

Iโ€™m using the API to sync data with Google calendar and Google documents, and having a date/time modified field is necessary to make this happen. I know that Airtable knows the date/time a record was changed; can we get that exposed in the API?

Thanks.

Sam_Peret
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any progress on this? This seems like a critical database feature for collaboration, and itโ€™s been over a few months. Please mark my vote for adding this feature.