Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

<current user>

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Brite_Admin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Being able to filter by current user in the main database (like you can in interfaces) would save me having to create custom views for our 15 staff members for 6 different tables (90 views).
AirTable obviously has the infrastructure to do this since they already do it in interfaces. Why not have that same functionality in the tables? 

How does is solve the user problems?

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

1 Comment
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

AirTable obviously has the infrastructure to do this since they already do it in interfaces.

While I can see how this is a much desired feature, I want to comment about this particular statement. One of the reasons why this was built in interfaces was because adding session specific filtering to the main data views would require a major overhaul of how those views work. 

Changes to a filter in a data view immediately apply to all users of the view, including API and scripting uses of the view.  The filtering is done at the server level, not the user level. Filtering for the current user requires adding in filtering at the user level. The established behavior is that when two people look at a data view, they see the exact same records in the same order. Changing that would be confusing and could break some existing workflows.