Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make it possible to reorder Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Sashman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I.e. change the order of entries in the Views drop-down menu.

Use rationale: the views get added and deleted all the time, new ones always get appended to the bottom of the list, whereas logic and reason may call for another ordering.

8 Comments
WilliamPorter
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Good grief, YES to this request. Iโ€™m surprised that this isnโ€™t possible โ€” especially considering how essential views are to Airtable!

Very enthusiastic +1.

WilliamPorter
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

By the way, I imagine that creating a UI for reordering views is a bit of a challenge, so hereโ€™s an alternative that I hope will be simpler at your end. Modify the current behavior so that a duplicated view is inserted into the listing immediately after its model. Right now if you have views like this

View 1
View 2
View 3
View 4

and you make a copy of View 1, you end up with this:

View 1
View 2
View 3
View 4
View 1 Copy

What Iโ€™m suggesting is that it would be better to get this:

View 1
View 1 Copy
View 2
View 3
View 4

Still not perfect, but it would be a huge improvement on having to delete everything and start from scratch every time I want to make a little addition to the list.

Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Plus one for a view re-ordering feature.

bethel95
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would consider this to be an essential improvement. Iโ€™ve got 18 views in my first database, so things are already getting out of hand in the Views list.

Nickie_Bertram
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, please, please, please, please, do this! I have a database with a growing number of views. Certain groups of people I work with need to see certain things, and I have a set of views for myself to sort out various other information. Problem is, I add views for others as needed, and cannot sort them to make things easier. An option to reorder views would be incredible. Drag and drop to reorder would be perfect, in my opinion. Please, donโ€™t overlook the need for this feature.

Emmett_Nicholas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Our Reorder All The Thingsโ„ข release of Airtable is just around the corner! Not only will views be re-orderable in the very near future, but attachments, linked records, and multi-choice tokens as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hello, everyone! When Emmett said that reordering all the things was just around the corner, he meant it! Reordering views (as well as reordering attachments, linked records, and multiple select tokens) is now live!

e08f473bebc26a92ce0ab7b4d0dfd30aedf77c4b.gif

8e6bc7738603fc146aed97dc3d24f441529d8f3d.gif

72efe9cc2dfd8b4ea4237dba277605aa2e1b764f.gif

reorder attachments 2.gif

0ea1f40c8c46696017c820e3b45371e80420179b.gif

David_Wiese
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thatโ€™s very nice but I find that the reordered views does not port over to the iOS apps on iPhone and iPad.