Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Month/Year Only Option for Calendar View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

When choosing the calendar field type, it has various format options but they all include the day. I would like to have an option to just include month and year.

Use cases:

1. In an employee directory, Iโ€™d like to have when they started with the company but most people donโ€™t know date.

2. Indicating when a client joined us or when their renewal month is.

11 Comments
Y_K
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You could set the day to 01, and ignore the day part when youโ€™re looking at the data.

Alternatively use a single line text, e.g. 2016-10 will display and sort nicely.

Tania_Raposo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did you ever find out a way to solve this? I would like to achieve the same thing. And would still like it to show it as a real date, so I can filter it as such.
Thank you.

Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Iโ€™m sorry, I never did figure out a way.

Calvin_Lo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I also would like to see this feature added soon. A date field where the format is only month and year.

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Bumping this up, partial dates, or date-ranges even would be a killer feature.

Peter_Ebenhoch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

this seems to be an orphaned user request?

@airtable: Any comments on this?

I guess that it would be very simple to implement. And to recommend a text field is not on equal footing with the airtable claim.

Warmly,
Peter

Azeem_Raza_Khan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too did not find any simple option without using a formula field; however, you can try one very simple solution just create Single Select Field and enter the range of months as options if your range is limited.
Like;
Jan 2020
Feb 2020
โ€ฆ

K_C_Wolff-Ingha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature. Probably add variations.

Day Month Year ( :heavy_check_mark: )
Month Year
Year

Florian_Wolf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also a up vote from me for a feature like [K_C_Wolff-Ingham] suggested.

Meg_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Earth to Airtable? Is there any hope for the feature described above? Iโ€™m writing a memoir and organizing events from the 90s! I donโ€™t remember the exact day I memorized Ice Ice Baby with the other girls on the playground!