Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

New Data Type: Location

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacob_Clayton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Could you add a new data type for locations? Types of locations that would be useful are:
-Address (123 First St, City, State)
-Lat / Long (31.12345, -110.12345)
-Military Grid Reference System (11S NV 12345 12345)

This would be incredibly useful if the location is a hyperlink to a map (similar to how an address in the Long Text data field will open up in Apple Maps).

Additionally, if a list of locations on a table could be viewed in a single map view allowing the map to display all of the locations from the table.

105 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

As a reminder, we are still beta testing a map feature for Pro users. If you would like to request access, please fill out this form.

William_Huxley

+1

It’s a must-have field type :slightly_smiling_face:

Seamus_Campbell

Do you have any idea of a date for the maps block? It’s a must-have for a site I’m working on. I do realise it is hard to give an accurate date - but even a rough idea would be lovely
Many thanks
Seamus

Utility_Locator
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This has my vote! We would use this to ensure that technicians are completing timesheets at the jobsite as required.

Tim_Phillips
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My case is that I’m adding clients to a table and they each have a phone number, an email, and an address, along with a bunch of other fields and links. I’ve put the addresses in a text field but I’m mostly concerned with getting address validation as I type.

Stephanie_Leish
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to see a field just for country or state, so I can filter or group records.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

The Geocode —> Map Block feature is a welcome addition, and addresses some of my needs in this area.

However, a field that can capture GPS coordinates from a mobile device would be immensely useful.

I have field technicians that I’d like to have scan barcodes on samples they have made at construction sites in the field to create records for each sample. Those samples need to be picked up by a different technician at a later time, and often they are difficult to find. If my technicians could scan the barcode into Airtable and have Airtable capture their GPS coordinates at that time, so that a future technician could tap the coordinates to open them in a map application on their phone, it would solve a lot of issues for me.

Thanks!

Wesley_Eames
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Please add this asap!

Nicolas_Holzapf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this!

My use case would be as part of a spreadsheet for comparing potential flats to move into

Ptt_Pch
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I would also love to be able to add GPS coordinates in Airtable!

I was beginning to think about using Airtable as a personal project manager, especially my personal photo projects.

I often go on location scouting for my very diverse and numerous personal photo projects.
Sometimes I found a great spot, sometimes I come home unlucky but most of the time, I found the perfect spot for at least one of my project by chance, doing something completely different, probably in a hurry, my hands full…

I always have my phone with me, so, a quick snapshot and the GPS coordinates added to Airtable and it’s done, I only have to come back later with my gear.

I know there are many ways available to do that already, many apps etc… I’ve tried some of them and generally if they do a part of what I’m looking for, they don’t do the rest…

As I’m trying to centralize more and more things in Airtable, it would just be great to have that feature ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: