Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

New Data Type: Location

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jacob_Clayton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Could you add a new data type for locations? Types of locations that would be useful are:
-Address (123 First St, City, State)
-Lat / Long (31.12345, -110.12345)
-Military Grid Reference System (11S NV 12345 12345)

This would be incredibly useful if the location is a hyperlink to a map (similar to how an address in the Long Text data field will open up in Apple Maps).

Additionally, if a list of locations on a table could be viewed in a single map view allowing the map to display all of the locations from the table.

105 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

As a reminder, we are still beta testing a map feature for Pro users. If you would like to request access, please fill out this form.

William_Huxley

+1

Itโ€™s a must-have field type :slightly_smiling_face:

Seamus_Campbell

Do you have any idea of a date for the maps block? Itโ€™s a must-have for a site Iโ€™m working on. I do realise it is hard to give an accurate date - but even a rough idea would be lovely
Many thanks
Seamus

Utility_Locator
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This has my vote! We would use this to ensure that technicians are completing timesheets at the jobsite as required.

Tim_Phillips
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My case is that Iโ€™m adding clients to a table and they each have a phone number, an email, and an address, along with a bunch of other fields and links. Iโ€™ve put the addresses in a text field but Iโ€™m mostly concerned with getting address validation as I type.

Stephanie_Leish
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to see a field just for country or state, so I can filter or group records.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

The Geocode โ€”> Map Block feature is a welcome addition, and addresses some of my needs in this area.

However, a field that can capture GPS coordinates from a mobile device would be immensely useful.

I have field technicians that Iโ€™d like to have scan barcodes on samples they have made at construction sites in the field to create records for each sample. Those samples need to be picked up by a different technician at a later time, and often they are difficult to find. If my technicians could scan the barcode into Airtable and have Airtable capture their GPS coordinates at that time, so that a future technician could tap the coordinates to open them in a map application on their phone, it would solve a lot of issues for me.

Thanks!

Wesley_Eames
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Please add this asap!

Nicolas_Holzapf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this!

My use case would be as part of a spreadsheet for comparing potential flats to move into

Ptt_Pch
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I would also love to be able to add GPS coordinates in Airtable!

I was beginning to think about using Airtable as a personal project manager, especially my personal photo projects.

I often go on location scouting for my very diverse and numerous personal photo projects.
Sometimes I found a great spot, sometimes I come home unlucky but most of the time, I found the perfect spot for at least one of my project by chance, doing something completely different, probably in a hurry, my hands fullโ€ฆ

I always have my phone with me, so, a quick snapshot and the GPS coordinates added to Airtable and itโ€™s done, I only have to come back later with my gear.

I know there are many ways available to do that already, many apps etcโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve tried some of them and generally if they do a part of what Iโ€™m looking for, they donโ€™t do the restโ€ฆ

As Iโ€™m trying to centralize more and more things in Airtable, it would just be great to have that feature ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: