Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

New Data Type: Location

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jacob_Clayton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Could you add a new data type for locations? Types of locations that would be useful are:
-Address (123 First St, City, State)
-Lat / Long (31.12345, -110.12345)
-Military Grid Reference System (11S NV 12345 12345)

This would be incredibly useful if the location is a hyperlink to a map (similar to how an address in the Long Text data field will open up in Apple Maps).

Additionally, if a list of locations on a table could be viewed in a single map view allowing the map to display all of the locations from the table.

105 Comments
John_Nunya
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would use this to add locations to a base I am trying to create for family activities. It is pretty much necessary for want I want to accomplish. I want to be able to populate locations of activities on a map for planning purposes.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 to this!

One other potential use is the ability, like in the phone number or email fields, is to enter multiple locations for one record without having to make new columns

K_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to @John_Nunya

Itโ€™s nice to be able to have a map on the side but Iโ€™d like a mini-map showing the address in some context in each row for my trip planning, not just one aggregated map view

Matt_Behr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is not available in beta request form.

What is current status?

Stephen_Beler_N

I agree that a โ€œCURRENT LOCATIONโ€ button would be fantastic. Also being able to have addresses auto-fill like in iPhone Calendar event location field would be stellar.

Zack_Philipps
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I honestly just want a location field, not the fancy โ€œMaps blockโ€ that you have to upgrade to Pro to be able to even use. I just want a field where I can lookup a place and get a directions link returned. Doesnโ€™t seem that complicated.

Sara_Lavonture
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I vote for this feature as well - adding a location data type is VITAL ๐Ÿ˜• Itโ€™s great that the Map Block is available now, but I just need a simple link that opens Google maps or similar so I can get directions.

Trevor_Ellestad

Also looking for a more simple location feature. The maps feature is great, but a little complex for the regular users in my crew who are contributing.

Alexey_Chekanov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As a temporary solution, I put the address in a separate field and I have another field with the following formula:

IF(Address = BLANK(), BLANK(), CONCATENATE(โ€œwww.google.com/maps/place/โ€, SUBSTITUTE(Address, " ", โ€œ+โ€)))

Doug_Ouverson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m creating a CRM base and a โ€œLocationโ€ filed would be nice. Like Phone and Email it would be nice if this field type had behavior on par with other systems, in that clicking on the address would engage map functionality on phone, etc.