Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

New Data Type: Location

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jacob_Clayton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Could you add a new data type for locations? Types of locations that would be useful are:
-Address (123 First St, City, State)
-Lat / Long (31.12345, -110.12345)
-Military Grid Reference System (11S NV 12345 12345)

This would be incredibly useful if the location is a hyperlink to a map (similar to how an address in the Long Text data field will open up in Apple Maps).

Additionally, if a list of locations on a table could be viewed in a single map view allowing the map to display all of the locations from the table.

105 Comments
Tom_Wilson-Nort
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be really useful for us too!

Chris_Mead
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Being able to โ€œuse my locationโ€ would also be beneficial as we use this for different types of reporting. It would be beneficial to know where the person is at the time a report is made.

Alex_Yershov

@Katherine_Duh is a location / map feature still in the works? I donโ€™t see it in beta or in my pro plan. Thanks!

Daniel_Swid1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I suggest integrating What3Words location which is much easier than GPS coordinates

Casey_Labatt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be super helpful for apartment hunting. Usually we spin up a new airtable and include a bunch of data for each apartment we like. Being able to then see the proximity of those apartments to one another would make it so so easy to plan a viewing route. Please add!!

swissboy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Here is my solution :

• Add 2 Single Line Text fields : Latitude, Longitude in your table (and your form)
  • Create a page ( important : https page ) on your website to geolocate the user (copy this HTML/JS code)
  • Donโ€™t forget to edit โ€œyour_id_form_hereโ€
  • The user have to accept to be geolocate by clicking โ€œYesโ€
  • This code redirects the user to your form, with prefill parameters for latitude & longitude

If you donโ€™t have a pro account to display the Map Block, you can use this extension ($11) for Advanced Google Maps Plugin ($59) for your WordPress website.

Best Regards

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve built an extension that allows you to create a map of Airtable records. You can easily share it or embed in your website.

Embed Map of Airtable Records on Your Website

Jorge_Toledo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this thread.

Apart of storing coordinates or URLs (which I can do already) Iโ€™d love to have a more visual type of field that shows a small map with a pin. Expanding it would show a wider map in which you could move the pin around, and when collapsing again, it would just show the pin and a bit of its surroundings. This would allow us to have thumbnail-sized maps for each record, instead of a map showing them all together.

My use case: managing a database of urban interventions or projects to be prioritized.

Stephen_Miller1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Physical location data would be great. We run a number of retail stores and I would like to be able to track information for them in table. Mailing/shipping address in a structured format is a must have for that. Currently, I need to create each field manually for address, city, state, zip (for the state I had to setup the field with 50 single select options). There should be a simpler way to handle that. Thanks.

Francisco_Ferna
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Please do create this feature. Itโ€™s been several years and it is extremely necessary in many scenarios.