Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Notes field with individual entries (date stamped, filterable, searchable)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_Hambleto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,

I use Airtable as a CRM and as such, I have to write notes in the sidebar (datestamped but non-searchable and can’t be pulled into another cell) or in a Long Text field (no formatting, no timestamps)

What I’d like to be able to do is two things -

1. Create individual notes entries, date stamped, editable (including the date and time entered), filterable (user, order etc) and searchable.
  2. Ability to pull in notes from all related fields into a single notes field (for example collect all notes from contacts that work at the same company).
16 Comments
Brian_Jordan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! I soooo need this as well!

NMB_Admin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

2.5yrs later, I’m now using AirTable, and I really need a “dated notes” option for records. In my case, to track my activities associated with a record. eg. Job application: when i chased them, what they said when they replied, when I chased them again. Or an Action Log, with brief notes recording “progress update”, when an action is reviewed. Seems to be a common request, but no built-in solution. I’ve only found clunky solutions, using a separate table of “notes”, which then have to be linked into the appropriate record. Is there a better way now?

Megan_Bishop
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I know this thread is years old at this point, but this is an issue that I have been wanting a solution for for years! The activity sidebar is amazing for taking notes because it stamps the comment with the time and who made the comment, and you can send an alert to people, etc. But when viewing your base from a high level, you can’t easily see when the last comment was made on a record or what the comment on the record was. Please, please, please add this feature!!

Jaron_Abelsohn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed – this seems like an absolutely essential feature. Really wish it was available.

Megan_Bishop
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Commenting again because I really want this feature! Also, I feel like I should have clarified another issue with the way it works now. I LOVE that you can @ someone, so that it send them an email alert to look at that record. However, once you @ someone, they get marked as watching that record, so they get an alert EVERY SINGLE TIME you do something to that record. This creates a “boy who called wolf” scenario, where they are getting alerts that don’t apply to them and they have to wade through those alerts to see which ones apply to them. Or, even worse, they just start deleting their alerts without reading them because they are getting too many that don’t apply to them. Other people on your team should ONLY get an alert if the admin for that base marks them to receive all alerts OR if someone else on the team @s them.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

For this reason, we built a workaround solution that lets you use a long text field for comments, so users can only add new comments to the field but not delete existing content.