Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Option to have rollups be affected by filters and views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Turpin
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all,

I would love an option to allow certain rollups to take into account filters and views.

My use case is the following: I have a budgeting base where I add transactions to a table. In a different table, I show the sum of these transactions per budget category. The catch is that since the budget is monthly, I only want to see transactions for the current month.

The current approach for this outlined on this help article is to add another column to the transactions table that shows a conditional amount. That’s fine and well but the problem lies when I want to view transactions / budgets for a different period. Whether it be for a different month or for a random period. I then have to go mess around in the conditional formula which seems very hacky to me. In addition to that, the filtering tools are wonderful and it sucks that I can’t leverage those and instead have to bust out functions and what not just to view my data a little differently.

For example, it would be wonderful to have a saved view for “current month” and then a regular view where I can tweak the filters to whatever I want.

Thank you

1 Comment
Alex_Turpin

Alternatively, a place to set values accessible by all tables would mitigate this problem somewhat.