Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Page Designer- Duplicate layout to another table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jake_Tickle
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like to create a Layout in Page designer and use that same layout for multiple tables inside the same Base. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jake

30 Comments
Ethan_Rosch1

There is a lot of things I don’t “Get” about AirTable.
This is one of them.

• Duplicate a Block
  • Strip out or Anonomize table speciric data.

simple.

The static elements should stay.
Also - why cannot we add graphics directly to a layout?
This is really retrograde for a product with such a high price point.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You mean by drag and drop or something? Because you can add images:

“In the blue sidebar, you’ll see a list of all of the fields in your table, plus a few other types of static elements that you can add to your page (text and image)”
https://diigo.com/0h000z

Ethan_Rosch1

Yes - you can only add images that are in a table.
So I’m forced to make a table only for elements on a page?

Very clunky.

Why can I not simply add images directly to the page?

Also - and I think this is VERY important; if i have a mutlipage text document as attatchement; I need to export each page of that attachement. This allows you to actually build documents.

AirTable has some great feature; and in many ways it seems it is still in BETA
Though they certainly charge enough money!

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

That’s not true, read my reply.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I don’t understand this.

Clement_Segal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Elias_Gomez_Sainz @Jeremy_Oglesby

Some updates on the page designer product roadmap? Would love to have the ability as well to have the ability to copy a layout on page designer, as my tables have different purposes
thanks

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

I don’t work for Airtable, @Clement_Segal. I’m just a forum user.

Cara_Van_Meter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I completely agree! I invested a great deal of time and energy building out several templates in the Page Designer block, believing (based on the “Duplicate Block” option I saw) that I would be able to duplicate them to other dashboards and tables once I had finished testing some other elements and settled on an approach for my final table build. Imagine my extreme frustration when I finally reached that point only to find that nothing other than the name of the block was actually duplicated and I was left with a completely blank page to design all over again from scratch (despite having the exact same fields listed in the final table!). :tired_face:

There are so many use case scenarios in which the ability to truly duplicate a page designer block into another dashboard or table would be super helpful! Several have already been listed in this thread, but there’s one more that I think applies across the board, and that is R&D. Even if you drink the Airtable Kool-Aid early on and decide to put absolutely everything into a single table, there will still be times when you need to do some testing before making changes to your one massive table, and the only way to do that without risking everything (since you have all those eggs in just the one proverbial basket AKA table) is to build and test things in a different table. It is extremely frustrating to then have to completely start over and re-do all the hard work you completed over the course of the testing instead of being able to simply apply the work you’ve already done.

I understand that there will also be cases where the fields that were used to build a template in one table may not be replicated in another table, but it would be so helpful to be able to at least keep the layout and just choose which fields to map to those elements already placed on the page.

Kilian_Schalk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Jake,
Exteemely interested about your workaround, or honestly any workaround that allows page designer blocks to be reused/duplicated.

I would just like to copy the layout and font styling instead of having to redraw every element from scratch!

Thank you!
-Kilian

Kilian_Schalk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello folks, I replied to Jake, but I clarify here.

I’m looking to be able to duplicate a layout in any way, or at least copy non-field elements from one page designer block to another.

Does anyone have a workaround?

Please let me know

Best,
Kilian