Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Password protect shared view URL's to a database

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RANDY_GOODWIN
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be nice to have the ability to password protect a shared database views link…

Similar to the way Dropbox password protects a folder.

If I have a price sheet database with different pricing levels I can hide columns (such as my cost) by creating a shared view.

I can share a link to the view with my client but it would nice if the link was password protected in case other employees were to stumble upon it.

I have too many clients to grant each permission separately. A password protected link would be a great solution…

13 Comments
RANDY_GOODWIN

Any updated response from Airtable on this request?

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi folks! Today we just launched the ability to password-protect base and view share links. This feature, along with email domain-restricted share links, is a feature available on Pro and Enterprise plans only.

password-protected-failure

dennis_dennis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to pass the password in the URL so my email recipients don’t need to type a password? The purpose of this is so my user can view by a single click, or I can embed it into my email itself, at the same time, the password protected link is safe from public view or from Google bots crawling thru my database.

For example:
url/ABCDEFG123456789?submitPassword=mypassword