Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Personal Block Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roman_Scher
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I find it strange that with the release of the blocks platform, users cannot create personal block views/dashboards. I think it diminishes the brilliance of blocks, and is definitely killing adoption for us. The single blocks view isn’t very useful when we have dozens of people using our base, all needing to look at different facets of the data.

One of my co-workers said … “until blocks have personal views, they’re dead to me”

5 Comments
Kelley_Correia
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I completely agree! I love blocks, but it gets clustered very quickly if you’re using it to pull multiple reports. Also, if you’re team is using the time tracking block, your blocks view is completely jam packed. I hope they create personal views for blocks ASAP!

Saleem_Asad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are also having the same issue.

Mark_Miller

I asked them about this and they said it’s on the road map!

Roman_Scher
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable just released blocks dashboards! You guys rock :metal:

Kate_Wright

I don’t see how editors can create their own personal dashboards in blocks. I also don’t want them to see the dashboards that I created for me, but I’d like to be able to share a dashboard to a person.

Example: I’m the owner of the workspace, and I create dashboard for new hires. I’d like to create dashboards specifically for IT and HR. Then I would like to share those dashboards only with them because I don’t want everyone else who may have a login to have access to those dashboards.

Before you start in with views… Here’s where I’m going with this…

I have some page designer blocks that are only pertinent to HR and our administrative team for reports. IT doesn’t need to see those, nor do I want them to have access to those reports. But I need HR and Admin to see those for our board of directors meetings.

Views are not an effective way to provide information on print outs to our board members. (In fact, they are quite ugly printed out.)

So granular permissioning, and the ability for individuals to create their own blocks could be a great tool for us.