Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Pivot Table Print

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jason_Szotak
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I see that Gantt Chart can now be printed (pdf), how about similar functionality for the Pivot Table!!!

With my pivot table always updating to reflect my current month data it would be ideal to pdf a monthly snap shot and compare month-over-month differences and results.

7 Comments
Bbb_Shell

Any update on this? Printing option would be very useful.

Lee_Mandell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It is absolutely insane that you canโ€™t print a pivot table. Any report you see on the screen should be printable. I would like to hear from someone at Airtable as to why a pivot table canโ€™t be printed. I have been a software developer for decades and my customers virtually always expect to be able to print any report they can see on the screen. Sorry for the rant but I was stunned to find out this limitation.

Denis_Perreaux
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can only hope to reflag this major problem. I do all my financial planning in Grid View, but the output for my Board and accountants SHOULD be the pivot table. It looks beautiful on screen, but I canโ€™t produce a PDF or print the view. PLEASE MAKE PIVOT TABLES PRINTABLE.

jonashaefele
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It's been a little while since the posts above. Sad that we still can't print/pdf pivot tables. Will reply back if i find a suitable hack.

ClarifyThis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Anyone find anything different in 2024? The 'print' feature on the dashboard UI doesn't produce anything usable (unless your pivot table has just a handful of columns).

Being in the paid tiers, I'm surprised it still has no real ability to export (as CSV, image, PDF, print, or even just a clipboard-friendly copy)? This is unfortunately killing the value proposition if my clients have to copy out raw data and create pivot themselves in spreadsheets (or we set up unnecessary automations to do so)...

jonashaefele
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@ClarifyThis I still haven't found a suitable way to work with pivot tables in Airtable. Or print/pdf anything in a usable way. We had to build a whole little app to print specific views of the data. I started looking it more as a Notion DB alternative than an Excel alternative. Sad though, because we built an application on it counting on it acting like a real spreadsheet. (And yes, you can print in Excel, even Google Sheets)

My understanding by now is very much that Airtable is only designed to be used like a UI-first database with different views, not to compile complicated reports, or export data in a finished format (be that a pivot table or a PDF view of a record/table).

If you find an alternative, please let me know!

PS: Also I don't think anyone at Airtable reads this forum, so you might be better off emailing their support and asking your request to be added to the backlog.

Shawn_Speidel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'd like to see Pivot Tables and other things that are truly printable. The pivot table should be allowed to handle hanging indented formatting as well as multiple groupings in the column headers. Everything should be printable or at least posslbe to make a pdf and print from that! I wish we could get the data back out in a printed format!