Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Repeatable Fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ashley_Hart
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great to allow specified groups of fields to be repeated by the user. i.e. duplicate fields in form view.

19 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Could you be a little more specific about what you mean by repeating specified groups of fields? For what purpose you would use this feature?

Ashley_Hart

Sure, so FormStack for example call this a Add-Item Form. This article
explains exactly what Iโ€™m after:

Online Form Builder | Form Creator for Online Forms | Formstack

Advanced online form builder & data collection tool for registrations, surveys, payments, leads & more. Use our online forms to increase workplace productivity. Learn more now!

Let me know if this makes sense.

Cheers,
Ash

Mark_Youngquist
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think Iโ€™m wondering the same thing. Iโ€™m looking for repeating fields within a record. In other words, I have customers that repeat more than one product, and at the moment Iโ€™m creating a new record for each product. Hoe do I create one record for a sale date for each purchase that has multiple products on it and can have a sum total. In filemaker, this was a repeating field.

Victoria_Hay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Mark :wave: I recommend checking out our Product Catalog and Orders template and this support article, which provides some guidance on creating this type of setup. Hope this helps a bit!

Robert_Andrews1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Ashley_Hart Did you ever find a good solution for this?

Ashley_Hart

Nope, sorry I havenโ€™t.

Siddhant_Jain
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this since 2017?

Sachal_Lakhavan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh any update on this? definitely a much needed feature. thanks!

Samira_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Repeatable fields would be so helpful! Any chance this could get developed in AT?

Faculty_Schedul
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be an amazing feature. You could have the repeatable section be a different table so that you can basically create a record with multiple linked records created by the repeatable section. This would be a game changer for our organization. I assume right now the only way to do this is to create your own form by hand and use the Airtable API to create all the records.