Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Select multiple linked records with "Ctrl" or "Cmd"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Von_Lehma
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When adding linked records to a column you can only select one at a time. This means you have to click “Link to a record” and re-enter the search term each time. Would love to be able to hold down “Ctrl” or “Cmd” and select multiple linked records at once. It would be a big time saver.

35 Comments
Amy_YH_Wang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes yes, PLEASE!! I’m new to Airtable and I thought this is a basic function but…?? Having to add records one at a time isn’t very ‘smart’ per se.

Matteo_Ottavian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Not sure why nobody has given you a medal yet, @Vendors_Watec! Your solution worked for me brilliantly and you saved me a couple of hours of repetitive and prone to error work!
I didn’t need to add any commas though. I just copied the name of the records in a single line text field, then changed it to a “link to another record” field, selected the correct table and it turned all the values into record links.

Thank you!

Erica_Stuckey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am baffled that this is NOT a feature! With all it’s capabilities, the biggest headache I have had with Airtable is how challenging and honestly annoying it is to Link data and tables. Can we PLEASE make this happen?

Erica_Stuckey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

this was helpful and made it easier while we wait for this multiple select update from Airtable. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for sharing!

Lucky_Stays
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am surprised this hasn’t been implemented yet. Such an important feature!