Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Single click to modify field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Cheng
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m really enjoying using airtable. I’ve been using dapulse but i find airtable much more versatile.

currently if i want to edit a field, i have to click once to select/focus on the row, then click again to edit/modify the field.
It would be great if there was an preference option to just click once to edit the field, inferring that where my mouse is is the row i want to edit. Specifically “single select” enum fields.

i found that this contributed to a huge sense of ease and responsiveness that I felt when using dapulse, and that would go a long way for myself and my coworkers. it would mean doing same amount of work in half the number of clicks, which is from a pleasure-to-use pov huge.

2 Comments
Ian_Cheng

would be great also to have a preference option to add a new record using a double-click rather than a single click. currently i find myself accidentally clicking the last row (the row with a + sign), and accidentally adding new records that i then i have to remove.

BenInDallas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 on each of these suggestions.

Especially the “add a record” issue. The accidental adding of records is such a pain in the Airtable UI, when in Grid view. I’m not sure why Grid View behaves differently than every other view type? In those, the big giant + button at the bottom right makes it very easy to add records, and ONLY add them when you intend to.