Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If “Met at a conference” is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldn’t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
PW_Choo
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It’s an essential feature, please take a serious consideration to add this.

Brian_Hagerty
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would replace ALL of our Google Forms we use for our organization with AirTable Forms, if this feature was available. In short, Google Forms is rather basic. If AirTable Forms could duplicate the options available in Google Forms (breaks, conditional formatting, etc…) it would be be badassamus. It would eliminate the need to rely on third parties (Zapier) and the added steps currently needed to get data from Google Forms/Sheets to AirTable. :grinning:

I hope everyone has a great day.

Megan_Dunagan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, this feature is a necessity to most forms I would be creating. +1’ing this.

Karl_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Totally agree. This is one of the major drawbacks when I try to convince my team to switch to Airtable. Please make this happen!

Jeff_Huffman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are there developers working on this? Lots of time has gone by since original request. It’s the biggest shortcoming I’ve seen so far, and honestly keeping me from exploring an enterprise level buy. We need the ability to make form entries conditional, navigate based on prior selections, etc…what good is a Cadillac spreadsheet without the BEST wheels to drive it?

DSPE

Im considering subscribing - this just seems like a logical feature. ETA?

Lisa_Altizer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Love Airtable and would love to have this feature! Right now I have a list that contains a check field purchase or not purchased. In the grid view I filter to show only those items not purchased. I then create the form. Unfortunately the filter doesn’t stick it shows all items purchased and not purchased.

Thanks for your consideration!
Lisa

Sarah_Filipiak

Definitely could use this. Right now we must use JotForm for a good portion of our workflow, even though our conditionals aren’t complex.

Harvey_Mason

Plus 1 from me on this too…

We use the form to submit new bookings (we’re a villa rental business) and would use conditional logic to determine if the booking is direct, or via an agency. The person submitting the form would choose either option which would then determine which options follow next…

Would really help to further streamline our Airtable setup!

Philip_Barber
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

2 years on and the requirement for conditional logic on a form is still required. There is so much that is good about Airtable but for me, this would make it so much better.