Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If “Met at a conference” is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldn’t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
Richard_Deulofe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding to the chorus of voices asking for conditional logic. That would make me much happier with Airtable!

DanielAssayag
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sometimes you see your entry in a gallery and it has no Value on certain field.
Does it mean, that you hide those field for certain records and not for others in the same table?

Ryan_Anderson2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Echoing the need for conditional logic in forms!

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You should check your entry in a grid view to make certain there is a value entered in that field… Gallery views treat some field types differently than grids do, so there is a chance that, say, embedded line feeds have pushed the value onto a lower line than currently displayed — but, frankly, such issues are rare and almost impossible to cause accidentally. If you do have an instance where a valid value is not appearing in a particular view, you should email support@airtable.com with a link to the base in question. (You can find info on how to report issues and share bases with Support here.)

Andy_Taylor
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to see this too.

Brad_Laney

This feature is a no-brainer… count me in for another request for this to be added. It would also allow us to create a form validation via math logic e.g. “What’s 7+8?” since CAPTCHA or other from validation to weed out bots is also missing. Validation is a highly requested feature a well.

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Just wanted to mention there is a way to implement conditional logic in grid views using linked records. While it doesn’t address the issue with form views, it might be of use to some readers who stumble across this post while searching for ‘conditional logic’.

Vincent_Tobiaz

We really. really. really. need this.

We use airtable for company processes and this would be a game changer.

Kristina_Auch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Throwing in with everyone else! I’ve got to have some better organization through conditional logic in forms. This is so high impact, and would make my job of converting my team to Airtable way easier.

Anita_Srinivasa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Need this - been dying to move from Google Forms (and Google Drive) to Airtable!