Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If โ€œMet at a conferenceโ€ is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldnโ€™t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

While we donโ€™t yet support conditional logic in Airtable forms, we have worked together with JotForm and Typeform to create direct integrations from JotForm to Airtable and from Typeform to Airtable. Both JotForm and Typeform support conditional logic in their forms.

Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Iโ€™ve tried the Jotform integration and it does not let you access linked records. The app itself is buggy too. Typeform requires you to sign up for a Pro account, which is 30 bucks a month (59 if you want to remove their branding). I obviously wonโ€™t even try that integration.

Airtables forms are way better. You should just add condintional questions.

Thanks!

James_Sullivan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This should be added natively not through a third party. This has been requested for years. Instead youโ€™re linking to a third party solution that costs more than Airtable Pro.

Please consider it as a native feature.

Deifos_p
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey guys I do agree with all of you here, this is a must, in the mean time I have taken the liberty to forge a form builder to help us with this, I just started coding check out the landing page and do not be shy to share your email I might be in contact with you soon to get some feedback.
www.blissforms.space

It will only work with Airtable, at least at the beginning.

Cheers!

Nicholas_Pretor

The Typeform/Airtable integration is only available on the โ€œProโ€ billed at $35 yearly.
The Jotform/Airtable integration seems to be available on any tier.

โ€œโ€ฆwe donโ€™t yet support conditional logic in Airtable formsโ€ฆโ€ seems to suggest this feature might be coming in the futureโ€ฆ

Alexis_Balinski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, I would love to see this implemented natively as well! I work at a large non-profit and Iโ€™m having trouble getting other departments on board using AirTable because they require conditional logic forms (so they prefer to use Google Forms over AirTable). Please please please try to find a way to make this work! I adore AirTable but spending money on another third party app just to make AirTable forms work for my coworkers (when Google does it for free) is out of the question with our nonprofit budget x(( Thank you for everything you do, keep up the good work!

Jack_Hobbs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Conditional Logic - please find a way to provide this in Airtable forms.
My situation exactly the same as Alexis_Balinski_Mote

Kendall_Shortt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes please. I have a large team submitting projects via a form but each product manager has specific items they need to fill out. Would be so much easier for a PM to quickly know what needs to be filled out vs having to read every line or not filling out something specific I need.

Vilija_Jozaitis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I did the same, and I have wasted HOURS! I will probably cancel my account for this reason alone because thereโ€™s no good workaround and integrations appear to mean $$ and at least 2 middle men (Zapier and Typeform). How is this not a feature?!

Greg_Johnson

Has there been any update on this? We have done a ton of work to switch over our business to Airtable and automate work for us, but with out a Captcha or Confitional Logic my boss doesnโ€™t want to use this now.