Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Adjustable Row Height

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Joshua_Soule
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to adjust row height and wrap text within the fields would be really useful for some applications where long text is required. Some applications lend themselves to scrolling through long lists of text and quickly identifying and editing records, which cannot be done efficiently in an โ€œexpandedโ€ record view. The new gallery view is nice for photos and things but still really not appropriate for chronological long-text entries that need to be visually scanned by scrolling.

7 Comments
Seth_Familian
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™d really like to see this too. Thanks!

Dan_Eaton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Of all the possible features that could get added to Airtable, being able to adjust row height would have the biggest impact on me - someone who, like the first poster, often has long text entries. Itโ€™s difficult to โ€œtake it all inโ€ by having to click on a given cell to see the entire entry. I often have to view cells in context with each and it is cumbersome to click back and forth among multiple cells.

A great way to implement this would be to have an โ€œExpandโ€ (or similar) button up with the Filter, Group, and Sort dropdowns. Clicking it would automatically wrap the text adjust the row height to show the entire entries (would adjust to the longest entry.) Click it again to set everything back to neat, uniform rows.

Airtable is truly and awesome app. Iโ€™ve been looking for something like it for a long time. This feature would make Airtable even better!

Thanks.

paul_phillips
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to see this too. Airtable tableโ€™s arenโ€™t easy enough to read.

Dianne_Clark
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please consider this feature as soon as possibleโ€ฆ It is the main differentiator in getting collaborators on-board (to Airtable).

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey folks! Today we just released the row height feature to everyone: now, you can select from one of four different row height settings to control the density of your records. Stick with the default short height to maximize the number of records you can see on your screen, or pick tall to see larger images and more text per each record. Read more about it here.

zoomed-row-height-lq

Status changed to: Launched
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

lizmroberts6
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I know this thread is many years old, but it would be great if we could change the row height for only some of the rows and not all of them. So the rows that have long text can be visible but the rows that do not can still be smaller.