Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Display Date Range in Calendar View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Iโ€™m really excited about the recently released calendar views. Thank you for including this in AirTable. It really helps to visualize certain data thatโ€™s associated with date and time.

That said, Iโ€™m curious if you plan on supporting date ranges? My use case is that I track events that are happening in the world, specifically film festivals. I have a table that contains a list of 1200 film festivals and their start and end dates. Iโ€™d love to be able to see the ability to create a view that shows the range of dates that the festivals are occurring. Right now I can only choose either the start or end date, which is helpful, but doesnโ€™t show me overlapping dates between the different events.

74 Comments
Chester_McLaugh
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

This javascript library is a decent demonstration of how I imagine the UI would display multi-day events.
https://fullcalendar.io/

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 Drag edges of calendar item to make it span more than one dayโ€ฆ :slightly_smiling_face:

stuart_cliffe
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. First post here, and I agree with all of the above. Iโ€™m setting up a conference timetable with 1,2 and 3-day events and no matter what qualifiers I add to the calendar view, itโ€™s impossible to tell them apart easily. All anyone tends to see is the start date. Itโ€™s a fundamental feature of calendar views to show duration as well as inception.

Something else you see that I havenโ€™t found yet is repeating events - weekly / monthly / annual / every 3rd Tuesdayโ€ฆ Iโ€™m guessing thereโ€™s a thread somewhere that I need to endorse for that tooโ€ฆ

fero_hora
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Definitely want this option!

Gareth_Chapman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes - me too please!

Jacob_Gibson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed that is a needed feature for calendars.

Nick_Wheeler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh no! I came looking for a โ€œhow to enable this featureโ€ tutorial, and found this thread instead. Viewing a date range seems fundamental to project management, and such a natural fit for a tool like Airtable. Iโ€™m very dismayed to find it isnโ€™t possible. This was a major reason I signed up in the first place!

This is a deal-breaker, guys. Please find a way to implement this.

Alfred_Peters
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
I was considering building out an entire database system for my company. Unfortunately, since we teach classes, we need a way to notate the duration of the classes and the days on which they are taught. Once that functionality is added this would be a golden system for us. :frowning:

Bryne_Ulmschnei
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just started using AirTable and +1 for this feature request

Alex_Tuai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature request. Iโ€™m logging dates for international summits/meetings/etc that span multiple dates and would love to have this feature